June 30, 2008

What the ----? Does anyone out there get placentophagy?? I sure don't!

It's been many, many moons ago since I first posted on placentophagy, and oddly enough, I'm still getting comments on that original post.  And I'm still completely bewildered.  I simply just don't get how a person can eat a body part.  And I know there are those out there who firmly believe that the placenta has hormonal nourishing properties, and that the hormones produced by the placenta during gestation are actually still "living" after the birth (yeah, right), and that they will magically stave off Postpartum Depression, ... but I gotta tell ya that it just doesn't make sense scientifically, and represents, quite honestly, that "magic pill" that so many women are searching for when it comes to PPD.  I'm sorry, but there's no magic pill cure.  And certainly not in your placenta.

So I just got a comment on my placentophagy post from a husband in the UK who actually has a video showing him cooking up and eating his wife's placenta.  And he actually looks and sounds like a normal guy.  Go figure.  You've got to check it out at the above link.  But don't expect to be hungry for a long while afterwards....

No comments: